Country Music Marathon

Moderator: jimmya

karengoodner

Country Music Marathon

Post by karengoodner » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:18 am

This is weekend is the Country Music Half Marathon which takes over Nashville on Saturday. I know a lot of Nashville industry peeps are doing it including myself and Jim Asker! Let us know if you are participating!

dustinhensley

Re: Country Music Marathon

Post by dustinhensley » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:04 pm

I can't wait either- for it to be over. Maybe then you people will find something else to talk about in this office. But don't worry. I'll be looking down at you from my flat supporting you. Beings as how this little race of yours shuts down my street and I can't leave my building. Go team go!

Drakea83

Post by Drakea83 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:09 pm

Y'all have fun with that! Only times I run for an extended period is if I'm being chased by a vicious dog or the dang ice cream truck is a couple blocks ahead of me.

karengoodner

Post by karengoodner » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:33 am

So supportive you two! I am sure you will sleep right through it Dustin! It's pre-noon on a Saturday so I hope we don't wake you! ;)

jimmya

Post by jimmya » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:38 am

Dustin will be running this race next year!!

As for this year, Joanna Smith will be singing the National Anthem, and running her first half marathon...way to go Joanna!

I know that WFRE's JESS WRIGHT will be in for this as well as many other folks from around the country-

It's going to be a big weekend in Nashville!

Jim

jimmya

Post by jimmya » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:23 am

It's marathon ever!

Good luck everyone and welcome to Music City!

Jim

karengoodner

Post by karengoodner » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:19 am

Marathon Eve! Jim wrote a great story about the events-

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archi ... ref=search

Tomorrow (4/28) is the day that 30,000 runners/walkers will converge on MUSIC CITY for the COUNTRY MUSIC MARATHON and HALF MARATHON.

Many members of the NASHVILLE music community will be lacing up their running shoes and getting ready to hit the hills, and for anyone in from out of town, you heard right—it’s very hilly!

ALL ACCESS’ own KAREN GOODNER and JIM ASKER are part of TEAM IN TRAINING for the LEUKEMIA & LYMPHOMA SOCIETY. GOODNER is running her 5th straight COUNTRY MUSIC HALF!

Other members of the music industry taking part will be the group DIAMOND RIO, who have their TEAM RIO, running for BIG BROTHERS AND BIG SISTERS. BNA/COLUMBIA’s JOANNA SMITH will be running, as well as singing the ‘National Anthem.” GAC-TV’s SUZANNE ALEXANDER will be doing the half marathon, as well as speedster JACK CHRISTOPHER of BIGGER PICTURE ENTERTAINMENT. Also, CLEAR CHANNEL Country WFRE/FREDERICK, MD PD JESS WRIGHT is bringing in her TEAM SNARKY, running for ST. JUDE RESEARCH.

The marathon starts from CENTENNIAL PARK on WEST END at 7a (CT), and winds around the city, including MUSIC ROW, DOWNTOWN, and finally finishing at LP FIELD.

Good luck runners!

For info visit www.competitorgroup.com.

dustinhensley

Post by dustinhensley » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:58 am

I wouldn't do this if you paid me. The last thing I'm about to do for "fun" is run. But have at it. God's speed.

Drakea83

Post by Drakea83 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:27 pm

Karen, I'm very supportive of you and all others running. Nothing but love and respect for you! I'm with Dustin though, running and I don't really get along, ha!

Charity softball, basketball, volleyball, beer drinking tournaments are much more my speed.

dustinhensley

Post by dustinhensley » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:42 am

True story. I'll do 12 ounce curls for any cause, but I ain't running unless a bear is chasing me. Even then it better be a known killer. And I still may just lay down and take my chances.