Chris Young

Moderator: jimmya

karengoodner

Chris Young

Post by karengoodner » Wed May 16, 2012 8:19 am

Interesting that Chris is getting into the business side of things!

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archi ... ref=search

Business manager BECKY HARRIS, songwriter ANTHONY SMITH and RCA NASHVILLE artist CHRIS YOUNG have teamed up to create ARTIST CONCEPTS, a production and artist development company to foster up-and-coming talent in the music industry. While all three partners will work to seek new talent, SMITH will lead the search for music. This will be YOUNG’s first time to serve as co-producer. HARRIS will handle the bookkeeping and business management for ARTIST CONCEPTS.

The company’s first signing is singer/songwriter BRINLEY ADDINGTON. ANTHONY is currently accepting song submissions for the project at artistconcepts@yahoo.com. The team plans to take ADDINGTON into the studio within the next month to produce several sides to pitch to NASHVILLE record labels with a showcase to be scheduled in the near future. BRINLEY has signed a publishing contract with RAZOR & TIE.

Find more information on BRINLEY ADDINGTON at www.brinleyaddington.com. For more information on ARTIST CONCEPTS contact BECKY HARRIS and ANTHONY SMITH at ArtistConcepts@yahoo.com.

Drakea83

Re: Chris Young

Post by Drakea83 » Wed May 16, 2012 2:58 pm

That's awesome! I've got some guys I'm going to call and tell them to submit their tunes, ha!

To me, Chris Young is one of the best to come out in the last 10 years. He's country, REAL country. Cowboy hat, boots, southern drawl. His songs remind me of what I grew up listening to. I may be in the minority on this, but I much prefer a smooth, real, country sound to the over-produced, formulaic pop-country.

ctryfan1980

Re: Chris Young

Post by ctryfan1980 » Wed May 16, 2012 9:29 pm

Yes! Chris is one of the few REAL traditonal artists in Country music today that is getting actual airplay.

And a side note to Eric Church... he was a winner of a reality show too!!