Jonas Brothers

Moderator: jimmya

PizzaLicker

Jonas Brothers

Post by PizzaLicker » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:37 am

I just read where they 'covered' a Keith Urban song last night....I can't decide. Is that a compliment for Keith?

Just wondering.

P.L.

musica22

Re: Jonas Brothers

Post by musica22 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:55 am

I just saw the video. It was horrendous. They have really whiny voices and definitely no guitar skills. They were all wearing cheesy cowboy hats and one of them was even dressed in a gold-lame looking western suit. I know they were performing at the Houston Rodeo, but come on. That's just too much. Even Keith himself is not that Country.

Drakea83

Post by Drakea83 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:59 am

PizzaLicker wrote:I just read where they 'covered' a Keith Urban song last night....I can't decide. Is that a compliment for Keith?.
I think that when an artist is covered by another in that manner, that it is a compliment to them. I heard it, didn't sound great to me, but then again, I'm not the Jonas Brothers demo either. It's the Jonas Brothers way of saying "Hey, we dig this tune by this guy and wann ado our version of it."

All artists do this. Luke Bryan did some Metallica songs last time I saw him. Darius Rucker threw out some Hank Jr.

As the saying goes "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

Blocklo

Post by Blocklo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:48 pm

I agree that a cover of someone's song is typically a compliment to them. However, I feel like some artists need to choice their covers more wisely. If they want to do a cover of Keith that's great but I think pulling the cheesy Nashville straw and doing cowboy hats and western suits is almost mocking Country. I respect the artists that do dress that way but I don't think that an artist outside of the Country genre needs to put on a costume to say they like our music.

Drakea83

Post by Drakea83 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:33 pm

I agree Blocklo. Kind of like if Marilyn Manson covered Brooks & Dunn. He would just be doing a complete mockery of the music.