Cumulus Eugene Adds New On Air Talent

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
mhastie1

Cumulus Eugene Adds New On Air Talent

Post by mhastie1 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:34 am

April 15, 2010
For immediate release…

CUMULUS BROADCASTING announces On Air Personality MAVERICK on STAR 102.3FM

(EUGENE, Ore.) Cumulus Broadcasting, owner and operator of KEHK STAR 102.3FM announced the addition of former LIVE 105.5FM personality Maverick to their on air line-up. Maverick is giving up the beach life in Ventura, California to bring you today’s hottest AC Hits on STAR. The addition of Maverick in the afternoon drive-time slot will add a new edge and personality to your afternoon drive!

Maverick has been in radio for almost 30 years working in LA, Phoenix, Denver, Sacramento, and Monterey. Most recently he worked on air at the Cumulus stations in Ventura & Santa Barbara PD/afternoon DJ for LIVE 105.5FM.

Maverick - "This is going to be exciting for me to continue working with Cumulus, and to be able to work with Al Scott...who is also a Monterey radio alumni." When asked how he'll cope with being so far from his beloved Disneyland, Maverick said, "Cumulus apparently has a great Disneyland Rehab medical plan."

Al Scott / OM for KEHK - “I can’t wait to get Maverick in the building and get him on the air! I’ve always been impressed with his work on the air and can’t wait to unleash him on our listeners.

About Star 102.3 FM
Star 102.3 is Eugene’s Bright Adult Contemporary format. Star 102.3 plays the best variety of upbeat favorites from the 80’s 90’s and today. Star is the perfect mix of favorites. Now featuring The Elvis Duran Show in the morning and Maverick in the afternoons!
Please visit http://www.starfm1023.com for more information.

About Cumulus: Cumulus Media is the second-largest radio broadcast company in the United States based on station count, and in combination with its affiliate Cumulus Media Partners, LLC, and the company believes it is the fourth-largest radio broadcast company in the United States based on net revenues. In total, the company currently controls approximately 350 radio stations in 68 U.S. media markets, including six stations in Eugene/Springfield. The company’s headquarters are in Atlanta, Georgia.